Follow us on Twitter for the latest Chromalloy updates.
Read our blog to stay up to date with the latest news at Chromalloy.
Connect with us on LinkedIn.
The CNC Machinist works as a part of a team machining superalloy forgings using blueprints, customer specifications and standard work to hold tolerances < .001 on OEM and MRO engine components.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operates all types of CNC metal-cutting machines and equipment. Machinery and equipment include, EDM, lathes, mills, boring mills, and grinders.
- Plans and performs setups, layouts, and execution of work according to product specifications, blueprints, drawings, and work instructions.
- Performs all work in accordance with plant safety rules and maintains highest quality standards in the execution of all assigned work.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance on all machines and other routine labor work as required in accordance with production flow.
- Operator to adhere to all 5s / CPEX policies and to have a continuous improvement mindset.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: This position will require the employee to wear the following specific PPE that will be provided by the company: Steel toes shoes, hearing protection, safety glasses
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Must have HS Diploma or GED.
- Strong shop mathematics, including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, decimals and fractions required.
- On the job experience, minimum of 2+ years, in CNC Machining.
- Experience machining superalloy (Inconel and Waspaloy) highly desirable.
- Must have on the job experience planning and performing setups, layouts, and execution of work according to product specifications, blueprints, drawings, and work instructions.
- The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate strong spatial awareness centered around mental folding and rotation to demonstrate ability to read CMM/inspection results and interpret offset and other machining adjustments.
- Experience using special holding fixtures, counterbalances and counterweights for positioning and securing product in machines and to avoid distortion or run-out during operations.
- Must have experience machining tolerances <.001, inspecting own work against blueprint specs through the use of a variety of measuring instruments including micrometers, calipers, scales, thread gages, etc.
Chromalloy maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. Please note that depending on the specific position, you may be required to pass additional medical tests, background checks, and/or other requirements. These additional items are required for the company to comply with various laws and regulatory rules.
Apply only for positions for which you are qualified. If your work experience, skills and background are incompatible with the requirements of the job, you will not be considered for it.
Chromalloy is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Chromalloy participates in E-Verify. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants and to prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. Employees will be treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance. It is also our policy that sexual harassment or any other kind of harassment, including harassment based on sexual orientation, will not be tolerated. The foundation of these policies is our commitment to treat everyone fairly and equally and to have a bias-free work environment.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system or need to apply in an alternate way, please contact the Human Resources department at the individual business unit or annex. The telephone number for a specific business unit or annex can be found at Chromalloy Locations.
Latest from Twitter
- 3/21/2019 3:17:59 PM #Hiring Product Engineer - Senior https://t.co/VOrnhvWYtn
- 3/21/2019 8:12:56 AM #Hiring HR Coordinator https://t.co/HMeBPZX6q3