Follow us on Twitter for the latest Chromalloy updates.
Read our blog to stay up to date with the latest news at Chromalloy.
Connect with us on LinkedIn.
POSITION SUMMARY: As Engineering Technician, employee performs administrative and analytical level duties in support of the Engineering and QA functions. The employee’s primary function will be supporting Engineering by assisting with process trials, CNC/Machining programming, tooling design, and process improvements. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The duties and responsibilities regularly performed for this position are:
• Create and modify CAD models and drawings
• Scan and geometrically evaluate parts
• Assist with design, manufacture, qualification, and documentation of tools and fixtures
• Perform first article / first piece inspections
• Develop new, and improve upon existing, machining programs for Grinding, Milling, and EDM processes
• Assist with root cause investigation and corrective action implementation
• Assist with data collection and analysis throughout manufacturing process
• Develop and implement documentation such as work instruction, technique sheets, and specifications.
• Embrace/implement continuous improvement and lean principles in all activities
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE: The specific EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE requirements of this position are:
• Technical school diploma (2 years minimum), or Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
• Able to read, write, speak and understand English
• Proficient in 3d CAD modeling. NX or Pro/E preferred. Solidworks acceptable
• Creep feed multi-axis grinding and multi-axis milling experience required
• EDM experience preferred
• CMM operator experience preferred
• Thorough understanding of GD&T
• Thorough understanding of machining processes and methods
• CNC / Robotic Arm programming
• Surfcam, NXCAM, or equivalent CAM software proficiency
• Able to read and interpret documents, write reports and correspondence clearly and informatively
• High degree of professionalism with a focus on customer care
• Ability to learn quickly and adapt to change
• Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to work effectively individually or as part of a team
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Strong computer skills
Chromalloy maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. Please note that depending on the specific position, you may be required to pass additional medical tests, background checks, and/or other requirements.
Chromalloy is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants and to prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. Sexual harassment, or any other kind of harassment, will not be tolerated. The foundation of these policies is our commitment to treat everyone fairly and equally and to have a bias-free work environment.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, or a disabled veteran and need a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, or need to apply in an alternate way, please contact the Human Resources department at the individual business unit or annex. The telephone number for a specific business unit or annex can be found at Chromalloy Locations.
Latest from Twitter