Follow us on Twitter for the latest Chromalloy updates.
Read our blog to stay up to date with the latest news at Chromalloy.
Connect with us on LinkedIn.
Reporting to the HR Business Partner – CUK this role is a hands-on role providing full cycle human resources support to the CUK and TSL business. The role will advise and support line managers in the effective management of their people through our people processes such as recruitment, induction, employee relations, performance management, training and development. The individual will ensure all day to day people related processes are carried out in accordance with business needs and external requirements, with the aim to increase organisational performance through people. The role will initially focus on CUK and TSL sites with the expectation that standard HR processes will be implemented to support all the UK businesses.
- To provide effective and proactive HR advice and guidance, particularly in respect of employee relations, rewards, training, development and resourcing to management and employees.
- To provide administrative support to the HR Business Partner including monthly reporting requirements, HR / People analytics for the business and maintaining personnel files for the Human Resources department
- To ensure accurate employment data is maintained using the EV5 system and ADP Payroll.
- Proactive support and advice across the full spectrum of employee relations and employment law (i.e. grievance, discipline and welfare issues).
- Maintain a good working understanding of UK employment law, as appropriate
- Assist in the Implementation of all current policies, processes and procedures and prevailing legislation across the business. Work proactively to map HR process to one standard for the UK.
- Supporting the HR Business Partner with various capability investigations, including grievance and disciplinary.
- Encourage and where necessary enforce Company and legal compliance, whilst balancing the needs of the business
- Provide support and advice to line managers in respect of recruitment and resourcing (including rightsizing and outplacement) for the full spectrum of roles and grades
- Support induction and development programmes.
- Support the business and the HR team in the development of a thorough communications plan
- Provide input to the development and delivery of any training ensuring that it is aligned with and supports the Company’s strategy
- Engage proactively and support HR / Business project work for the Group as and when required.
- To be a back up for the monthly Payroll.
- To undertake any other duties as required to meet the needs of the business
- Conflict Management – Can find common ground and get cooperation with the minimum of noise
- Interpersonal Savvy – Build constructive and effective relationships, uses diplomacy and tact
- Business Acumen – knows how the business works and can translate that in effective HR and people practices
- Approachability – Is easy to approach and talk with, builds rapport well and gets informal information in time.
- Organisational skills – Ability to multi-task and prioritize daily workload. Ability to work with limited supervision and to meet deadlines.
- Integrity – Ability to handle confidential information.
- Attention to detail - Pay meticulous attention to details.
- Numeracy – Ability to conduct statistical analysis, prepare reports, forecasting, and trending.
- Perseverance – Pursues everything with energy, drive and a need to finish; seldom gives up even in the face of resistance or setbacks
EDUCATION, WORK EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Degree qualified in business management or HR
- Ideally CIPD Qualified with demonstrable relevant experience
- Experience as HR Officer or HR Generalist within manufacturing / high tech organisation
- HR system experience like ADP, etc.
- Payroll Experience would be desirable but not essential.
- Highly proficient in Excel (ability to do pivot tables, formula, vlookup, etc), Powerpoint presentations (ability to build graphs from data files, etc) and Word (mail merge, formatting, autofill, etc).
- Project experience / process mapping experience desirable but not essential.
- Full clean driving licence
- Experience of working in a high-pressure environment and delivering to tight deadlines
- Good level of influence at all levels and ability to work with employees at all levels
- Good knowledge of employment law with the ability to implement knowledge to develop policy and processes as well as advise others
- Ability to build and maintain professional relationships internally and externally
- Good written and verbal communication skills which can be adapted for a range of contacts
- React confidently to new situations, using own initiative and available resource to complete tasks effectively
- Be Pro-active and work autonomously, prioritising own workload to ensure all deadlines are met
- Experience of managing multiple projects and conflicting deadlines
- Organised, accurate, and energetic, a thinker who is able to look beyond a process and identify the knock-on effects.
- Self-starting approach to work with the ability to work under pressure
- Determined and robust individual with a results driven approach
- Requires thoroughness, resourcefulness, adaptability to shifting priorities/deadlines and multi-tasking.
- Must be a strong team player with excellent interpersonal, communication, planning and organization skills.
- Requires excellent analytical skills and the ability to analyse and resolve problems at all levels.
- This individual will be required to interact across all disciplines within the organization and must possess the ability to interface effectively with all levels of management.
- Must be able to travel within the UK
Chromalloy maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. Please note that depending on the specific position, you may be required to pass additional medical tests, background checks, and/or other requirements.
Chromalloy is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants and to prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. Sexual harassment, or any other kind of harassment, will not be tolerated. The foundation of these policies is our commitment to treat everyone fairly and equally and to have a bias-free work environment.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, or a disabled veteran and need a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, or need to apply in an alternate way, please contact the Human Resources department at the individual business unit or annex. The telephone number for a specific business unit or annex can be found at Chromalloy Locations.
Latest from Twitter
- 6/14/2019 12:26:59 PM #Hiring Northeast Regional HR Business Partner https://t.co/tSKSbGxst9
- 6/14/2019 10:50:04 AM #Hiring CNC Programmer https://t.co/2fA87j9DaH