Follow us on Twitter for the latest Chromalloy updates.
Read our blog to stay up to date with the latest news at Chromalloy.
Connect with us on LinkedIn.
The Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S) Manager ensures strong performance within our Chromalloy Facilities. The EH&S Manager will accomplish this through working closely with Line Management to provide Leadership, Technical Support, Facilitation of Programs and Improvement Initiatives, Coaching and Mentoring as needed to ensure an excellent EH&S culture with solid accountabilities at all levels of the Organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Drive safety culture programs and growth.
- Monitor hazards using scientific instruments.
- Training, including development of training materials and conducting training as necessary.
- Tracking open action items to completion from EHS audit & regulatory inspection findings.
- Report their findings to decision makers and regulatory officials, and sometimes develop recommendations on how to improve the conditions of an environment to reduce or avoid hazards.
- Plans, develops and manages company policies for adhering to local, state and federal environment, health and safety regulations.
- Designs and develops facilities, work areas and work procedures.
- Directs preparation, maintenance, and updating of environmental policy and procedure manuals.
- Ensures compliance with all environmental, health and safety regulations, and keeps abreast of any changes to laws and regulations that impact the organization.
- Ensures projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Develop and drive annual improvement plans for each site team working with site EHS specialist and site leadership team.
- Manages security team
- Facilitates Safety Committees.
- Establishes appropriate system of feedback and metrics to drive accountability throughout our team.
- Perform comprehensive, in-depth investigations of all injury and loss incidents, identify all causal factors, develop and implement measures to prevent recurrence, and follow up to ensure long-term resolution.
- Collaborate with workman’s compensation; employees on leave because of workplace injuries and illnesses.
- Handle injured worker’s return to work or arranging for and monitoring light-duty programs for workers not yet recovered enough to resume their regular duties.
- Responsible for injury case management; coordination with insurance representatives and vendors.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION, SKILLS and/or EXPERIENCE
- Technical degree (BS), preferably engineering, chemistry, environmental or safety or Industry experience of 10-15 years in progressively more responsible EHS roles.
- Professional certifications (PE, CSP, CIH, CHMM) a plus with demonstration of continuous education and self-development.
- Experience working with and operating Waste Water System
- Experience in EHS training, program development and auditing. Proficiency in office productivity and communication tools, MS office suite, project manager and electronic regulatory submissions.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Proven track record in driving safety culture programs and growth.
- Experience in managing site Safety Management System (SMS) program.
- Experience with injury case management/Workman’s Compensation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to walk. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme heat and vibration. The noise level in the work environment varies from very quiet to loud conditions.
Chromalloy maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. Please note that depending on the specific position, you may be required to pass additional medical tests, background checks, and/or other requirements.
Chromalloy is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants and to prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. Sexual harassment, or any other kind of harassment, will not be tolerated. The foundation of these policies is our commitment to treat everyone fairly and equally and to have a bias-free work environment.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, or a disabled veteran and need a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, or need to apply in an alternate way, please contact the Human Resources department at the individual business unit or annex. The telephone number for a specific business unit or annex can be found at Chromalloy Locations.
Latest from Twitter
- 7/19/2019 3:33:47 PM #Hiring Technical Writer https://t.co/2WneUawVpJ
- 7/19/2019 3:30:35 PM #Hiring Technical Writer https://t.co/XCWNylmPHC