Follow us on Twitter for the latest Chromalloy updates.
Read our blog to stay up to date with the latest news at Chromalloy.
Connect with us on LinkedIn.
Position Reports To: Engineering and Quality Manager
Direct Reports: None
Location: Turbine Services Ltd, West of Scotland Science Park, Glasgow, G20 0SP.
Graduate /Developing Engineer required to support repair and manufacture of Gas Turbine components and troubleshooting of Gas Turbine units and ancillaries.
The successful candidate will be a recent graduate or early career professional with the potential to develop in these fields, working closely with Senior Engineers and Quality Leader. Opportunity available to progress along Chromalloy’s technical development pathway to Senior Engineer, or across disciplines into other business areas.
- Training will be given by on the job learning alongside experienced Engineering staff to;
- Specify and review cost effective, quality repairs for gas turbine components and sub-assemblies.
- Develop robust technical solutions in accordance with ISO 9001:2015 by creation of PFMEAs.
- Identify and technically qualify new repair/manufacturing vendors to support volume expansion and cost reduction.
- Perform occasional hands-on quality level inspection of product on completion of manufacture or repair.
- Investigate product and service non-conformities including identification, reporting and close out of Corrective And Preventative Actions (CAPAs).
- Conduct company internal audits and supplier external audits with appropriate training.
- Create unit status /Condition Monitoring reports (typically monthly) for key LTSA customer GT assets using CTSL’s Tiger® remote monitoring and diagnostic package and customers’ own data collection packages
- After appropriate development, function as part of a rota to provide 24/7 advice to LTSA customers.
- Support Senior Engineers in development of job pack elements for GT overhaul, review of outage reports and technical recommendations to customers.
- Additional tasks as assigned to support wider business and to aid personal development.
- Participation in and leadership of improvement initiatives as required.
- While primarily office based, UK and international travel to supplier and customer sites will be required.
- Developing personally and professionally by on the job learning in a technically varied environment.
- Appropriate training, opportunities for CPD and support in progression to CPD.
- Working with cross-functional team of internal customers, including LTSA Contract Managers, Supply Chain professionals, and Sales team.
- Serving a global range of customers and suppliers with cultural sensitivity.
- Contributing to integration of the local business with larger corporate identity and initiatives.
- Drive for Results – Steadfastly pushes self and others for results
- Conflict Management – Finds common ground and gets cooperation with the minimum of noise
- Interpersonal Savvy – Builds constructive and effective relationships, uses diplomacy and tact
- Dealing with ambiguity – Effectively deals with change, risk and uncertainty
- Business Acumen – Knows how the business works
- Perseverance – Pursues everything with energy, drive and a need to finish; seldom gives up even in the face of resistance or setbacks
- Degree level or equivalent technical experience in relevant discipline such as Mechanical/Aeronautical Engineering/Physics.
- Appropriate candidate will be eligible for personal development training such as Chromalloy’s Front Line Leadership programme, and accredited external training such as Quality Auditing, and appropriate technical development training.
- Good communicator
- Enthusiastic problem solver
- Microsoft office skills including Microsoft Project and Microsoft Access
- AUTOCAD/Inventor/ProE or equivalent 2D/3D CAD capability.
Chromalloy maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. Please note that depending on the specific position, you may be required to pass additional medical tests, background checks, and/or other requirements.
Chromalloy is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants and to prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. Sexual harassment, or any other kind of harassment, will not be tolerated. The foundation of these policies is our commitment to treat everyone fairly and equally and to have a bias-free work environment.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, or a disabled veteran and need a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, or need to apply in an alternate way, please contact the Human Resources department at the individual business unit or annex. The telephone number for a specific business unit or annex can be found at Chromalloy Locations.
Latest from Twitter