Follow us on Twitter for the latest Chromalloy updates.
Read our blog to stay up to date with the latest news at Chromalloy.
Connect with us on LinkedIn.
Provide technical support for the repair and overhaul of gas turbine engine programs to ensure final deliverable is a quality product and meets contractual obligations.
- Establish work repair plans for engines and components undergoing repair/overhaul.
- Provide troubleshooting assistance to test cell and field service personnel.
- Develop engineering methods & procedures to optimize engine performance and existing repairs.
- Evaluate published technical data for applicability to shop procedures and develop/revise procedures as necessary to ensure reliable, quality products.
- Review engine test cell performance and develop methods to reduce test cell rejections.
- Provides technical support for programs including interfacing with customer concerning operational issues.
- Review & evaluates service bulletins & modifications.
- Review warranty and add relevant technical knowledge of the problems to the decision-making process.
- Assist quality control in investigations of complaints of engines and analyze causes for engine or component failure.
- Write detailed investigation reports; suggest improvement to production and quality control techniques.
- Provides technical support to the business unit's operations, in association with gas turbine engine or accessory overhaul and repair processes. Provides technical support to operational areas to ensure cost, quality, and output levels meet desired business unit targets. Investigates and resolves issues of product engineering, testing, quality and process repeatability.
- Resolves technical problems beyond the scope of the product unit operations group; liaises with manufacturers.
- Performs engine and accessory test, performance analysis and troubleshooting.
- Prepares detailed work instructions for operations personnel, outside of routine overhaul procedures.
- Provides interpretation and clarification of overhaul data; produces material review board, temporary overhaul data requirement, unit build standards, and engineering bill of materials documentation to support operational repair and overhaul processes.
- Reviews service bulletins and manual changes and incorporates amendments into production.
- Reviews warranty claims and advises management on the disposition of assigned items.
- Provides written or verbal technical advice for customers; produces reports relating to product serviceability, repair summaries, warranty, failure analysis or product configuration.
- Provides technical support during the implementation of new processes; specifies tools and test equipment required; assists in training on the overhaul and test methods.
- Advises on repair and improvement schemes together with feasibility studies.
- Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions.
- Carries out special projects as assigned.
- Aerospace: 4 years (Required)
- LM2500 Engine: 4 years (Preferred)
QUALIFICATIONS, SPECIFIC SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Ability to communicate clearly with supervisor, mechanics and office staff.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, similar discipline, or equivalent experience is desirable.
- Five (5) plus years related to turbine engine/aircraft overhaul and aviation maintenance engineering.
- Familiarity with gas turbine engine principles including test cell, vibration and failure analysis, and general engine overhaul and repair procedures.
- Experience with assembly practices, including safety wiring, torque techniques.
- FAA Powerplant license is desirable.
- Experience performing maintenance on aircraft jet or gas turbine engines and components.
- Demonstrate knowledge of tools and equipment needed to perform jobs.
- Communicate with customers respectfully and professionally.
- Maintain high quality service standards.
- Read and interpret maintenance manuals or other technical data necessary for maintenance or repair on engines.
- Motivated to meet deadlines.
- Able to manage time wisely.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a shop environment and outdoor conditions.
- Ability to work overtime and/or weekends as needed to meet deadlines.
- Good understanding of manufacturing methods, shop equipment and machining processes.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret blueprints.
- Working knowledge of precision measuring instruments.
- Working knowledge of gas turbine engine and/or accessory theory and performance analysis.
- Experience with the use of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong planning, organizational, analytical, leadership, decision making, oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in an aerospace or manufacturing environment.
Chromalloy maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. Please note that depending on the specific position, you may be required to pass additional medical tests, background checks, and/or other requirements.
Chromalloy is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants and to prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. Sexual harassment, or any other kind of harassment, will not be tolerated. The foundation of these policies is our commitment to treat everyone fairly and equally and to have a bias-free work environment.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, or a disabled veteran and need a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, or need to apply in an alternate way, please contact the Human Resources department at the individual business unit or annex. The telephone number for a specific business unit or annex can be found at Chromalloy Locations.
Latest from Twitter